Friday, August 7, 2009

A Very Potter Love Affair.

I've had a love affair with Harry Potter since I was in the fifth grade. Ever since I picked up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, at my school's Scholastic Book Fair, I've loved Harry Potter, and everything that has to do with the Wizarding World.

Call me a nut; call me a fanboy, these words don't offend me in the slightest. (After re-reading the series as many times as I have, it's hard not to agree.) I know I have an unhealthy obsession with the Boy-Who-Lived, but quite frankly, I don't care. It's what got me into reading. There have been countless days that I've spent reading the books, over and over again. Yes, I could have been going to see a movie, throwing a football around, or hanging with my friends, but as far as I'm concerned I was hanging with my friends when I would crack open one of those books.

I realize that there are a ton of people out there who are more than willing to bash the brians out of Harry Potter. For one reason or another there are people who hate the The-Boy-Who-Lived, the author -- whether it be her writing style, or for making Harry the emo will all know he was -- and for that matter, the Harry Potter franchise as a whole. But, as much as people might hate it, there's still something special about cracking open a book and building your brain muscles. (Needless to say, the majority of the people who bash Harry Potter can't even string a single coherent sentence together, let alone write their names in cursive.)

But I digress...

For those of you who read this, and are fans of The-Boy-Who-Lived, then I would highly recommend for you check this link out, ONLY if you have a few spare hours in your day, otherwise ignore it.

A Very Potter Musical

Now, with that being said, I'm going to go waste another few hours re-watching it.

No comments: