Monday, February 8, 2010

Quote of the Week. Switching Focus.

Today's post is going to be a two-parter, so bare with me folks....

Quote of the Week.


First things first.

With today being Monday and all, I decided to begin the official work week with one of the new ideas/concepts that I have had floating around in my head for a while. It's nothing special, or new -- there are plenty of other sites that do this, the majority of which do it daily -- but something that I think will be enjoyable for all parties involved. That's why today will feature the first "Quote of the Month," here on The Bloody Pin.

The contents of the quotes that will be featured on this blog will widely vary in range. One week I might quote a politician, the next a philosopher, the next a character from a book, and most definitely authors. If anyone has a quote that they would like to see featured here on the blog, then feel free to e-mail at: kidstaple@yahoo.com, with something to do with quotes in the title of the e-mail, and I promise to look at it, and if I think it's worthy enough, or speaks to me then I'll post it, with credit to you.

For those of you who might not feel like slogging through all the back posts to find the newest quote of the week, don't fret, because you won't! I'll be putting a new box up on the right hand of the screen, which will be where you can find the current quote of the week.

I've been reading a bunch of Truman Capote's stuff recently, and the man has struck me as a genius, so I thought that, even though the banner for this site already has a Capote quote, I'd go ahead and put up another one for the first ever quote of the week. So, without further ado, here it is:

"To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the music the words make."
- Truman Capote

(Discuss below in comments.)

Switching Focus.


And lastly...

For the longest time, I've been bouncing around with projects, writing a little bit here, editing a little bit there, mainly focusing my time on two major pieces of work, both of which I intend to someday be novels (fingers crossed): The Coming Shadow and Coldsleep.

Lately, I've been working on The Coming Shadow, but as of recently I've switched my focus back to Coldsleep. Now, I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who does this type of thing, but now that I've realized just what exactly is keeping me from finishing a novel, I'm going to take action, and keep my focus fully on Coldsleep no matter what, even if it kills me.

And to be quite honest, it very well could. But I'm going to do it, no matter what happens, and I would hope and encourage the readers of this blog to make sure that I keep at it and don't stray from the path too much.

One of my resolutions for this year is to finish a novel. Well, I'm here to announce that Coldsleep will be that novel. I've probably just dug myself a grave and bought a golden ticket straight to damnation, but I don't care.

Not anymore.

Come this time next year, Coldsleep will be a finished novel. A pile of crap if you will. Next year will come the polishing of said crap.

This blog will be my way of venting whatever angers arise while writing Coldsleep, as well as anything else to do with my writing, others writings and my overall venting of day-to-day frustration.

Like Truman Capote once wrote, "Every word takes blood..." This book will take a lot of blood. It may even turn me into a husk of a man, but I'll deal with that when and if it ever happens.

Until next time, God speed one and all.


No comments: